College can be the most fun and rewarding years of your life. But, let’s face it, they can also be some of the most expensive. So Connex Credit Union would like to offer you the opportunity to apply for one of three scholarships we’re offering to deserving students.
- The $2,000 Nicolas G. Hackett Memorial Scholarship
- The $2,000 John R. Edwards Community Involvement Scholarship (for students demonstrating a commitment to community service)
- The $2,000 Arthur B. Haesche Memorial Scholarship (specifically for business students)
Interested? Here are the requirements:
- As of December 31, 2019, the student or a direct family member (parent, grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle) must have been a Connex Credit Union member in good standing
- Have a 3.0 GPA or higher
- Be a college-bound high school senior or current college student enrolled full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year undergraduate program in Fall 2020
- Provide an official copy of your current transcript
- Complete and submit the online application and essay (250 words or less)
- Previous Connex scholarship recipients are not eligible
- Deadline to receive application and transcript is March 9, 2020
- Connex CU employees, Board of Directors or Supervisory Committee members, or their immediate families are not eligible
- Students can apply for one scholarship only
- Incomplete applications or those missing essay or transcripts will not be considered
After you complete the application and essay below, please send your transcript (including GPA) to:
Connex Credit Union
P.O. Box 477
North Haven, CT 06473
This year's essay question: If a Personal Financial Basics class was required for students, what topics do you think would be most important for students to learn about and why?
You'll share your thoughts on the essay question on the last page of the application.